Sunday, April 14th
In partnership with the U.S. State Department, InBIA is excited to bring BIG Summit back to the 33rd International Conference on Business Incubation. BIG Summit brings together global entrepreneurial ecosystem leaders to share insights for accelerating entrepreneurship centers through international alliances.
What is BIG Summit?
During BIG Summit, the U.S. State Department will run its Sister to Sister matchmaking program, which matches attendees with peers from international organizations to create key partnerships and collaborations to help startups expand into foreign markets. The goal of these meetings is to enhance international collaboration and draft new partnership plans while identifying potential areas of collaboration and exchanges with other small business assistance centers, especially those in the Western Hemisphere (there are grant opportunities currently available to supplement Latin American organizations’ travel).
Regardless of where attendees are traveling from, this is an unparalleled opportunity to establish vital connections with global leaders that will enable early-growth stage companies in your community to expand into international markets.
Entrepreneurial ecosystem stakeholders who are passionate about building international connections.
Over 100 entrepreneurial economic development leaders from every region of the world.
8-8:30: Morning Coffee and Registration
8:30am – 9:00am: Big Summit Kick Off & Welcoming Remarks
- Kirstie Chadwick, President & CEO InBIA
- Brett Hamsik, U.S. Department of State
9:00am – 9:20am: Recognition of International Comapnies
9:20am – 10:00am: Additional Remarks
- Robert Sanders, Head of International Projects, EBN
- Anthony Grimaldo, U.S. Department of State
- Joe Carlucci, Director of Membership, InBIA
10:00am – 10:30am: Networking Break/Sign-up for on site matchmaking appointments
10:30am – 11:15am: Pre-Matched Meeting #1
11:15am – 12:00pm: Pre-Matched Meeting #2
12:00pm – 1:15pm: Networking Lunch
1:15pm – 2:15pm: Panel: Innovation and Ecosystem Development Strategies Around the World
- This session will explore strategies and tactics used around the world to support innovation and develop successful entrepreneurial ecosystems.
- Jean-Christophe de TAUZIA, Director, Incubator Descartes
- Kenise Hill, Entrepreneurship Desk Officer, U.S. Department of State
- Karlo Kukec, Managing Director, Technology park Varazdin Ltd
- Pedro Martinez-Estrada, Co-Founder, Startup Lab MX
- Zaid Mohidin, Chairperson, SABTIA
- Miosotis Rivas Pena, Executive Director, Cenpromype
2:15pm – 3:00pm: Pre-Matched Meeting #3
3:00pm – 4:00pm: Catalyzing Inclusive, High-Tech Business Incubation in the U.S. and Europe
- This session will explore current research and best practices for increasing diversity and inclusion in the field of high-tech business incubation, focusing on ongoing initiatives in Europe and the U.S.A. representative from the European Business Network (EBN)’s Fostering Inclusive Business Incubation & Acceleration in Europe (FIBIA) program will discuss their efforts to develop a benchmarking system to capture the level of diversity of business support intermediaries in their network, and develop tools and resources to increase their diversity and inclusion. A representative from ICIC will share learnings from its partnership on JPMorgan Chase’s Small Business Forward initiative, including research on increasing diversity and inclusion in entrepreneurship support centers (ESO), as well as findings and benchmark data from ICIC’s evaluation of high-tech ESOs in the Small Business Forward cohort.
Representatives from one high-tech ESO supported by Small Business Forward and one ESO supported by FIBIA will share their insights as practitioners working to increase their organization’s diversity and inclusion. This will provide an opportunity to share best practices and lessons learned, but also have a dynamic conversation about where challenges and solutions may differ internationally.
- Moderator: Kim Zeuli, SVP and Director of Research, ICIC
- Clarelisa Camilleri, Project Manager, European Business Network
- Lennard Drogendijk, Business Development Friesland
- Gayle Jennings, CEO, iNTENT Manifesto
- Jane Muir, Director, Florida Innovation Hub and President, Association of University Technology Managers
4:00pm – 4:45pm: Pre-Matched Meeting #4
4:45pm – 5:00pm: Closing Remarks, Kirstie Chadwick, InBIA President & CEO
Interested in learning more about InBIA’s global network?
Enter your preferred email address below.