In partnership with the U.S. State Department, InBIA is excited to bring BIG Summit back to the 32nd International Conference on Business Incubation.
What is BIG Summit?
Business Incubation Global (BIG) Summit brings together global entrepreneurial ecosystem leaders to share insights for accelerating entrepreneurship centers through international alliances. During BIG Summit, the U.S. State Department will run its Sister to Sister matchmaking program, which matches attendees with peers from international organizations to create key partnerships and collaborations to help startups expand into foreign markets. The goal of these meetings is to enhance international collaboration and draft new partnership plans while identifying potential areas of collaboration and exchange with other entrepreneurship centers, especially those in the Western Hemisphere (there are grant opportunities currently available to supplement Latin American organizations’ travel).
Regardless of what country you call home, the BIG Summit provides an unparalleled opportunity to establish vital connections with global leaders to enable early-growth stage companies in your community to expand into international markets.
BIG Summit will be an interactive day to:
- Learn about sustainable entrepreneurial ecosystem models
- Network with ecosystem builders from across the globe
- Develop partnerships with peer entrepreneurship centers (attendees are encouraged to organize their profile with the U.S. State Department before BIG Summit begins. Link coming soon!)
- Provide a bridge for entrepreneurs to access international markets
Entrepreneurial ecosystem stakeholders who are passionate about building international connections.
Over 100 entrepreneurial economic development leaders from every region of the world.
7:30am – 8:00am: Morning Coffee and Registration
8:00am – 8:30am: Big Summit Kick Off & Welcoming Remarks
- Kirstie Chadwick, President & CEO InBIA
- U.S. Department of State
8:30am – 9:15am: Speed Networking
9:15am – 9:45am: U.S. Department of State – The Value of international Partnerships
9:45am – 10:00am: Networking Break/Sign-up for on site matchmaking appointments
10:00am – 11:00am: Panel: Global Innovation Strategies
11:00am – 11:15am: Networking Break/ Sign-Up for on-site matchmaking appointments
11:15am – 11:45am: Pre-Matched Meeting #1
11:45am – 12:15pm: Pre-Matched Meeting #2
12:15pm – 1:15pm: Networking Lunch
1:15pm – 2:15pm: Keynote (TBA)
2:15pm – 2:45pm: Pre-Matched Meeting #3
2:45pm – 3:15pm: Pre-Matched Meeting #4
3:15pm – 4:00pm: Catalyzing Inclusive, High-Tech Business Incubation in the U.S. and Europe
- This session will explore current research and best practices for increasing diversity and inclusion in the field of high-tech business incubation, focusing on ongoing initiatives in Europe and the U.S.A. representative from the European Business Network (EBN)’s Fostering Inclusive Business Incubation & Acceleration in Europe (FIBIA) program will discuss their efforts to develop a benchmarking system to capture the level of diversity of business support intermediaries in their network, and develop tools and resources to increase their diversity and inclusion. A representative from ICIC will share learnings from its partnership on JPMorgan Chase’s Small Business Forward initiative, including research on increasing diversity and inclusion in entrepreneurship support centers (ESO), as well as findings and benchmark data from ICIC’s evaluation of high-tech ESOs in the Small Business Forward cohort.
Representatives from one high-tech ESO supported by Small Business Forward and one ESO supported by FIBIA will share their insights as practitioners working to increase their organization’s diversity and inclusion. This will provide an opportunity to share best practices and lessons learned, but also have a dynamic conversation about where challenges and solutions may differ internationally.
- Moderator: Kim Zeuli, SVP and Director of Research, ICIC
- Clarelisa Camilleri, Project Manager, European Business Network
- Lennard Drogendijk, Business Development Friesland
- Kathryn Finney, Founder/CEO, digitalundivided
- Jane Muir, Director, Florida Innovation Hub and President, Association of University Technology Managers
4:00pm – 4:30pm: Pre-Matched Meeting #5
4:30pm – 5:00pm: Pre-Matched Meeting #6
5:00pm – 5:15pm: Closing Remarks, Kirstie Chadwick, InBIA President & CEO
Interested in learning more about InBIA’s global network?
Enter your favorite email address below.