FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
InBIA Welcomes New Directors
October 4, 2022
ORLANDO, FL – Members of the International Business Innovation Association (InBIA) have elected three individuals to the board of directors to serve three-years terms. The term began October 1, 2022.
The new members of the InBIA board include:
- Hayden Blackburn, Executive Director, TECH Fort Worth
- Kristin Burton, Entrepreneurship Professor, Purdue University Northwest
- Steve DeBretto, Chief Executive Officer, Industrial Council of Nearwest Chicago
- Linda Ufland, Director of Entrepreneurship, Commercialization, and Innovation for the Office of Workforce and Economic Development, UTRGV.
- Lynnette White-Colin, Senior Vice President, Small Business Growth, New Orleans Business Alliance
As well as the CEO-Appointed board member:
- Anthony Durante, Manager of Entrepreneurial Support, Ben Franklin Technology Partners of Northeastern Pennsylvania
“Each of the new board members is a thought leader in our industry and brings a history of involvement with InBIA,” says InBIA President and CEO Charles Ross. “Board members prioritize member services, oversee the association’s financial well-being and plan for the future. We appreciate their commitment to making InBIA a better organization in every way.”
InBIA’s Board of Directors consists of leaders from entrepreneurship centers from across the country and world. The 15-member governing body is charged with guiding the direction of the association.
The new board members will be instated to the board of directors during the fall board meeting in October. Also during this meeting, the board named new executive team members for the 2022-2023 year, including
- Chair – Brad Rickelman, Assistant Director, Meridian Technology Center Business Incubator
- First Vice Chair – Steve Debretto, Executive Director, Industrial Council of Nearwest Chicago
- Second Vice Chair – Linda Fowler, President, Regionerate LLC
- Secretary – Herman Nyamunga, Director, PowerUp Your Business, Community College of Philadelphia
- Treasurer – Ariella Lukach, PhD, Vice President, Strategy and Positioning Stiletto
The InBIA Board of Directors will meet again this fall to continue setting the strategic direction for the association in its mission to provide entrepreneur support professionals with resources, training, thought leadership and community to help improve entrepreneurial outcomes.
ABOUT the International Business Innovation Association
InBIA is a global nonprofit with over 1,200 members that lead entrepreneurship centers in over 30 countries. For over 35 years, InBIA has provided industry best practices through education while enabling collaboration, mentorship, peer-based learning and the sharing of innovative ideas for entrepreneurs across the globe. InBIA is the premier organization for business incubators, accelerators, coworking spaces, and other entrepreneurship centers.
For general press-related questions, please contact Charles Ross at [email protected].