NewCo (our shorthand for New Company) Academy focuses on helping startup companies achieve success. These courses will give you the training and resources you need to teach specific concepts and tools to the entrepreneurs with whom you work. In addition to exclusive access to all the materials, you will receive a certificate to show you are a certified trainer of that course.
NewCo Academy courses are offered in a face-to-face setting at InBIA’s events throughout the year. Add value and revenue to your program by earning a certificate in one of these core entrepreneurial focused courses, that expand on the fundamental concepts startups need, while providing instructional guidance to the trainers. By the end of the course, learners will be able to facilitate the workshop in their own centers, transferring essential knowledge and strategies to startups.
Business Model Canvas/Value Proposition Design Bootcamp for Entrepreneurship Programs
- This course teaches participants how to facilitate a one-day bootcamp on the Business Model Canvas tool and best practices in designing sustainable value propositions. Alex Osterwander’s Strategyzer team developed the content exclusively for InBIA, and participants will be certified course facilitators with the tools and content, including the template for the Business Model Canvas, to deploy this bootcamp at their own programs.
Startup Business Models and Pro Formas That Attract Investors
- Financial modeling plays a critical role in startup success, yet is a challenge for many. This course equips participants to teach entrepreneurs how they can build sustainable revenue streams, attract new investments and secure bank financing by developing the profitable business models and pro formas that are important components of early-stage valuation.
Customer Development Strategies Using Lean Startup
- Participants will learn the Lean Startup Methodology, which involves proven strategies for effective customer development that minimizes risk while optimizing cash flow. After completing this course, participants will receive a certificate showing their credentials to teach the methodology themselves, and access to all of the materials they need to put on a successful course.
Developing Effective Crowdfunding and Investor Presentations
- This course provides an in-depth overview of the different types of and uses for crowdfunding, as well as how to use various debt and equity models. It will also highlight the required elements of a successful investor pitch. At the completion of the course, participants will be certified to teach entrepreneurs how to successfully secure funding.
Angel and Venture Capital Fundraising and Valuation Basics
- This course will provide the kind of in-depth understanding of the fundamentals of raising equity capital startups need to succeed. Participants will leave with knowledge, resources and tools to teach entrepreneurs about these basics, as well as to give them insights on trending fundraising topics such as angel ground and venture capital mechanics, investor term sheets, convertible debt and company valuation.