Most Recent Job Postings
This position will manage programs, events, services, and facilities (physical and virtual) that increase the establishment of successful cooperative or joint research, development, and commercialization activities among industry, educational institutions, Naval Air Warfare Center Training Systems Division (NAWCTSD) and Team Orlando partners to deliver innovative solutions. Work in response to Project Orders issued under the Partnership Intermediary Agreement (PIA) between NAWCTSD and UCF Research Foundation.
- Additional Responsibilities For This Position Include:
Identify and evaluate potential capabilities and technologies that enhance NAWCTSD’s fulfillment of strategic objectives and near-term mission needs in human performance, modeling and simulation, training and simulation software systems.
- Coordinate with the local, state, and national technology ecosystem to assemble, host and facilitate meetings, forums, and collaborative interactions between NAWCTSD and other organizations such as universities, national labs, and industry for research, development, and commercialization.
- Facilitate partnerships and matchmaking events with academia, industry, and other government organizations for technology developments enhancing the fulfillment of strategic objectives and near-term mission needs in human performance, modeling and simulation, training and simulation software systems.
- Engage industry and academia in prize challenges, hackathons and other activities that could enable identification of capabilities and technologies that address strategic and near-term objectives of NAWCTSD.
- Assist potential vendors in prototyping, experimentation and demonstration of these technologies in lab facilities and surrogate vehicles where possible.
- Coordinate subject matter expert (SME) participants for technology talks, innovation forums, and collaboration events to enhance its existing network.
- Encourage industry collaborative investment of leveraged research resources in areas of basic research and exploratory and advanced development, identified as having high potential for defense applications.
- Provide support and materials and information (web portals, incubation services, etc.) to entrepreneurs, industry, and academia to enhance the likelihood of success in establishing a cooperative relationship with NAWCTSD for research, development and commercialization activities.
- In collaboration with NAWCTSD, develop a marketing and communications plan to provide broad visibility, including establishing a network of contacts and relationships, and facilitate dissemination of information about PIA programs, events, opportunities and impact to entrepreneurs, small businesses, academia, and government agencies.
- Manage the staff and facilities of the Tech Grove in Partnership IV working with UCF Facilities, telecommunications, and other departments.
- Work with Associate Vice President for Research and Scholarship and the Research Foundation to develop and manage the budget for PIA activities including identifying other potential sources of income such as grant opportunities, sponsorships, event fees, donations, fees-for services, etc.
- Track and report the results of all activities carried out under the PIA in accordance with reporting requirements agreed upon with NAWCTSD.
- Other duties as identified and funded under the PIA or as assigned by the Associate Vice President for Research and Scholarship.
Office of Research
Monday – Friday; 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Schedule may vary as required.
Type Of Appointment
$75,809 to Negotiable
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree and 8+ years of relevant experience.
- Strong background in developing and fostering partnerships by working with military personnel, industries, and government, which is essential to success.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of scientists, engineers, investors, and industry representatives.
- Experience planning and implementing activities such as innovation challenges, technology commercialization, accelerators or other entrepreneurial support programs, or other efforts aimed at engaging entrepreneurs and finding nontraditional solutions for a need.
- Former military service as civilian, officer or enlisted is desirable.
Additional Application Materials Requirements
Special Instructions To Applicants
If you are selected as the final candidate for an employment opportunity here at UCF, both your position and salary will be significantly based upon the information that you have provided in your application for employment. We urge you to please take the time to complete the application in its entirety.
For more information and to apply visit: https://jobs.ucf.edu/cw/en-us/job/499397/program-director-i
Organization: Medical Center of the Americas Foundation (“MCA”)
Contract Services: Fund Manager, MCA Seed Fund
This is a very rare opportunity to step into a venture capital fund management role with the support of The Medical Center of the Americas Foundation and luminaries from around the El Paso region. The ideal candidate is a leader who wants to help shape the future of the El Paso region through investor development, company recruitment, and leading investment decisions in tech startups.
Organizational Overview and Corporate Structure
The mission of the Medical Center of the Americas Foundation, or the MCA, is to catalyze the life sciences ecosystem in the Paso del Norte region, and to cultivate a dynamic regional biomedical industry and innovation / entrepreneurship ecosystem that competes globally. The MCA also aims to create a world class medical center within the 400-acre Medical Center of the Americas campus that will foster and accelerate biomedical and healthcare innovation, create new employment opportunities and meet the healthcare needs of the region’s current and future citizens. This biomedicine-driven economic growth mission will be accomplished through a series of strategic activities involving both physical infrastructure and programmatic initiatives focused on discovery, development and deployment building blocks to harness and grow regional assets consisting of biomedical and healthcare research, innovation and product development, distinctive clinical trials capability, adaptive workforce and logistics and manufacturing capabilities that can accommodate biomedical business environments.
In late 2019, the Medical Center of the Americas Foundation received an EDA Seed Fund grant to plan and launch a seed fund for the El Paso region. This seed fund grant followed the award of the 2019 EDA i6 Challenge Grant that has been supporting the MCA’s Innovation Center that works out of the MCA’s Cardwell Collaborative biomedical incubator. We are currently in the process of creating that seed fund, which will initially be based out of the MCA Foundation. We are looking for a Fund manager that will play a critical role in the planning, launch, implementation, and management of the fund.
Fund Manager Role
The Fund Manager will organize and manage the fund, drive awareness, employ a data and network driven approach to identifying emerging companies in areas of thematic, geographic and strategic relevance, actively qualify and evaluate opportunities on both their investment and strategic merits, contribute to the end-to-end investment process (including: research, deal screening, due diligence, financial modeling/valuation, transaction execution and post-investment monitoring, including investor reporting), and support investor recruitment, retention and training.
The Fund Manager will play a meaningful role in building MCA’s capabilities and reputation as a strategic funding partner while ensuring the fund has the right processes, resources, investor visibility, and fund infrastructure in place to drive successful outcomes and fund results for the investor, MCA and the regional community. It is anticipated that the individual selected for this position would transition from an independent contractor to an employee/partner of the fund once it is operating and funded.
The Fund Manager will:
• Work with the MCA leadership team and MCA Board Seed Fund Steering Committee to develop fund priorities, fund structure, and fund strategy and governance
• Lead investor relations and fundraising/marketing activities, with support from the MCA staff, board, and community
• Identify, research, and evaluate seed/startup opportunities for potential investment and/or strategic leverage
• Manage deal screening and due diligence processes, including the coordination of internal stakeholders and third-party advisors and the compilation of findings to build investment proposal/recommendations for senior leadership, investment committee, and investor review
• Analyze the pro forma implications of investment transactions on the fund’s growth trajectory, business mix and ROI
• Lead in the evaluation of capital allocation decisions with fund leadership team and investment committee
• Evaluate investment opportunities and manage the negotiation of potential investments
• Participate with the MCA Innovation Center in support of, and advice to, funding companies, including, as necessary, service on Boards and management committees
• Leverage and expand MCA network of relevant relationships to include VCs, bankers, industry authorities/organizations and others to efficiently identify and originate startup and early-stage companies
• Leverage network of VCs, angel groups, consultants, and other industry advisors to gain insight into market dynamics and identify growth opportunities
• Communicate and collaborate with teams across all functional areas of the MCA organization
• Support additional strategic and growth-related projects as needed
• 5-10 years’ experience preferably in some combination of consulting, startup, private equity, or venture capital organizations, ideally with healthcare and technology experience (software, medical device, industrial automation, logistics, IT, healthcare, etc.)
• Bachelor’s degree; MBA or advanced degree preferred
• Effective and persuasive communication skills – both written and verbal
• Attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
• Ability to manage investment process from opportunity identification to transaction execution
• Exposure to equity investing within the startup/VC ecosystem with experience in fund management and fiscal matters
• Leadership experience with high-growth startup companies that successfully raised post-seed equity rounds
• A proven record of successful deal making and/or driving accretive transactions
• Technical know-how to structure and negotiate commercial transaction deal terms
• High financial acumen and deep financial analytical skills
• Ability to quickly analyze and value target opportunities
• Established fund relationship network and ability to originate deals high-quality investment opportunities
• Sample investment memo and/or track record
• Names and contact information for three references from startup founders or investors (angels or VCs). (Note, by providing this information, you are giving MCA permission to contact these people to discuss your past performance.)
To apply, email the required materials to Nancy Lowery, Director of Innovation, at [email protected]
DOWNTOWN ORLANDO PARTNERSHIP (DOP)
JOB DESCRIPTION – EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Job description/General Responsibility: Executive Director is responsible for managing and implementing the strategic goals and objectives of the Downtown Orlando Partnership (DOP). The Executive Director holds a prominent role in the business community and acts as the point of contact for DOP’s members and board of directors. Executive Director also gives direction and leadership towards the achievement of the organization’s philosophy, mission, strategy, and its annual goals and objectives. Executive Director assures that all events directed by the board are properly and timely planned and within budget.
Reports to: DOP Board of Directors, direct reporting to President, DOP Board
Management Responsibility: Executive Director supervises all staff as assigned.
- Represents the Downtown Orlando Partnership in the community and act as brand ambassador for Downtown.
- Works alongside the Board to set goals and lead the organization’s strategic plan.
- Cultivates relationships with downtown businesses, government officials and community leaders.
- Recruits and stewards relationships with members and sponsors to create long-term partnerships and retention.
- Manages day-to-day operations and administrative functions including human resources, accounting and finance and client services.
- Oversees and supports all lines of businesses including events, membership, ConnectDTO and relevant grants.
- Supports the creation and implementation of communication and outreach efforts including marketing campaigns, member recruitment initiatives, social media planning and media requests.
- Supports operations and administration of Board and ensures that the organization’s communication flows effortlessly to its members and community as needed.
- Assures the organization and its mission, programs, products and services are consistently presented in strong, positive image to relevant stakeholders.
- Leads membership campaign drive for new members and actively participates in events to retain and expand membership.
- Recommends yearly budget for Board approval and prudently manages organization’s resources within those budget guidelines according to current laws and regulations. Develops, tracks, and manages revenues and expenses for the board and suggests action for improved operational efficiency.
- Manages organizational records for each line of business, evaluating, tracking & recording the successes and areas for improvement.
- Performs other support duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Board.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university
- Five Years of applicable work experience
- Experience managing a team and departmental projects
- Excellent communication, presentation skills and strong customer service skills
- Successful track record in community relations, corporate outreach, operations, fundraising and/or event planning
- Microsoft Office – including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher
- CRM System experience (Zoho, Salesforce, etc.)
- Email marketing experience (Mailchimp, Contact, etc.).
- Website system experience (WordPress, etc.)
- Knowledge of social media platforms and the creation of a broad range of marketing and promotion
To apply, please click here