Most Recent Job Postings
Innovation Program Manager | VelocityTX
If you are interested in applying or have any questions about the position, please contact David Fonseca at [email protected].
VelocityTX seeks a dynamic, entrepreneurial person to lead and execute its BioGlobal Accelerator, a brand-new start-up accelerator based in San Antonio, Texas.
As a Program Manager, you will oversee and manage the execution of the BioGlobal Accelerator program for emerging bioscience companies. You will work with some of the world’s leading innovative technologies to support their entry into the federal market. The Innovation Program Manager will also support other innovation initiatives and projects such as Incubator programs, Alamo Angels, and Velocity Growth. The successful candidate will join the wider VelocityTX/TRTF team and benefit from the opportunities and rewards arising from being part of this exciting fast-growing organization.
The BioGlobal Accelerator is a highly competitive, 16-week collaborative accelerator program that helps bioscience companies scale with velocity. Through coaching by entrepreneurs in residence, mentoring from industry experts, and interactive technical sessions, this unique program provides the resources entrepreneurs need to succeed. The program connects high-potential companies with custom growth strategies, talent, investors, and a prominent bioscience ecosystem.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Program Management and Execution
- Plan, oversee, and manage the development and execution of the BioGlobal Accelerator Program to include a high volume of events for each program, 15+ curriculum sessions, and hundreds of meetings across industry experts, mentors, and business advisors.
- Provide logistical and operational support and oversight to Program participants. Coordinate activities amongst participants, speakers, Entrepreneurs in Residence, mentors, and coaches to ensure overall objectives are being met
- Design processes, playbooks, and policies to standardize and scale Velocity’s programs
- Continuously evolve and improve programs that are aligned with current best practices, and that are updated based on feedback from participants and benchmarking
- Staying up to date with latest start-up tools and techniques from different sectors and geographies
- Design and administer surveys and other assessment tools to capture and analyze data for program planning, decision-making, and reporting
- Prepare background materials, slide decks and other content for workshops, events, direct technical assistance, and presentations
- Support development of annual strategic planning and budgeting process for relevant programs
- Monitoring and reporting of key performance indicators for programs
- As needed, work with VelocityTX team to devise other programming with a focus on innovation in biotech/pharma/medtech/healthcare
Business Development and Community Outreach
- Building strong relationships with sources of start-up opportunities and entrepreneurial support systems such as universities, medical centers, research institutions, etc.
- Support marketing and promotion to ensure the recruitment of participants to the programs of the requisite number and quality, working closely with the VP of Global Business Development
- Recruitment and management of key experts and coaches to provide full time or ad hoc support to opportunities on the start-up programs
- Partner with government agencies, industry experts, and outside vendors to improve the quality, scope, and delivery of programs
- Represent and promote VelocityTX and its programs at key networking and community events
- Set expectations and key performance metrics for direct report (Programs Coordinator/ Assistant)
- Provide a roadmap for employee development and career planning
KEY SKILLS & CORE COMPETENCIES
You’ll learn something new every day in this role. We’ll teach you the ropes, but ideal candidates will have:
- Self-starter with entrepreneurial vision, and innovative and creative mindset, and critical thinking skills
- Highly driven and self-motivated, Efficient, resilient, and flexible
- Ability to work independently in fast-paced, dynamic environment, prioritizing workload to meet deadlines
- A creative problem-solver with a demonstrated ability to produce exceptional results with limited resources
- Exceptional interpersonal and client management skills
- A strong team player and ability to work cooperatively with wide range of personalities
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Detail-oriented with a high standard for quality, but also able to see the big picture
- Strong writing, verbal, and communication skills, with the ability to speak confidently in settings ranging from large group events to meetings with key stakeholders
- Enough technical chops to understand the details and speak the language behind leading bioscience and technical innovations without skipping a beat
- Computer and software proficiency with Salesforce, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc. Graphic design and marketing is a plus.
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Life Sciences or relevant education
- 3-5+ years’ experience working in innovative and entrepreneurial environments such as incubators, accelerators, R&D, manufacturing, or research institutions
- Prior experience/knowledge and a strong interest in life science, biotech, medical device, drug/pharma, technology, and startups
- Experience working with cities, private sector, nonprofit and/or community-based institutions is a plus
- Developing knowledge of business start-up tools such as Business Model Canvas, Value Proposition Canvas and Lean Start-up methodologies, or willingness to learn and get trained
VelocityTX was formed in 2017, as a subsidiary of the 35-year-old Texas Research & Technology Foundation, with the mission of believing that economic success, a better quality of life, and a safer world is possible through entrepreneurial efforts. VelocityTX at its core is an innovation hub where entrepreneurs, and those who are interested in startups, can access the resources they need – capital, mentors, investment opportunities, subject matter experts, specialized manufacturing, etc. VelocityTX has a new state-of-the-art Innovation Center located on the Near East Side of Downtown San Antonio bringing new workspaces, labs, talent and jobs to the area.
VelocityTX employs a collaborative, team-based approach through staff developed, mutually agreed upon core values. VelocityTX supports a healthy work-life balance and recognizes that there are tangible benefits from supporting flexible working practices and assisting employees to achieve a balance in their work commitments and their life outside of work.
You’ll love it here if you value a culture that is:
- Fast paced and exciting!
- Diverse and inclusive
- Energetic and fun!
- Transparent and supportive
Our Core Values
- Integrity – Always Doing the Right Thing
- Being Honest
- Providing Fair Treatment
- Demonstrating Strong Moral Principles
- Building Trust through every interaction
- Placing Our Collective Interest Above Ourselves
- Being Reliable and Delivering on Expectations
- Being Unified and Cohesive
- Velocity – Moving Success with Magnitude and Direction
- Having a Bias Toward Action
- Demonstrating Skip Counting
- Delivering Impactful results with Speed
- Working in Parallel
- Innovation – Proactively Creating the Next Model
- Accelerating New Ideas
- Every Experience is a Learning Opportunity
- Sustaining Momentum for New Innovations
- Being Creative
- Initiating Change
If you are interested in applying or have any questions about the position, please contact David Fonseca at [email protected].
Endowed Chair/Professorship in Entrepreneurial Leadership
David D. Reh School of Business
Clarkson University’s David D. Reh School of Business invites applications for an endowed Chair/Professorship in Entrepreneurial Leadership beginning July 1, 2021. We seek a thought leader who will (a) anchor our nationally ranked entrepreneurship and innovation (E&I) program, (b) promote high-impact scholarship and educational programs in entrepreneurship and innovation, and (c) cultivate entrepreneurial culture and mindset and advance understanding of entrepreneurship as an engine of economic prosperity and progress. In this role, he or she will work collaboratively with students, faculty, staff and alumni and other stakeholders within a dynamic innovation ecosystem. This person will also collaborate with our partner universities in the region and around the world to develop leaders with a global perspective to benefit business and society. They will demonstrate and experience understanding the needs of a diverse student population through inclusive course materials and teaching strategies, and actively support the drive to become an anti-racist business school and university.
We specifically seek candidates within the management and organizational studies field, with a focus on entrepreneurial leadership; however, candidates from other academic disciplines with a focus on entrepreneurship will be considered. The ideal candidate for the endowed chair would have a demonstrated record of scholarship, teaching and service at the rank of full professor. Candidates with tenurable record of scholarship, teaching and service at the rank of associate professor would be considered for the endowed professorship. We invite applications from candidates with an earned doctorate in a relevant field and demonstrated evidence of intellectual leadership with a publication record in top-tier journals.
Clarkson fosters an active environment for entrepreneurship, intrapreneurship, social enterprise, and innovation. Our unique innovation ecosystem draws expertise and resources from various entities, including the Shipley Center for Innovation and our new Innovation Hub (Ignite)– an interdisciplinary, collaborative laboratory and workspace, promoting innovation through information and knowledge exchange among students, faculty and other stakeholders across the university. Ignite is designed to spur ideation, problem solving and venture development.
To receive full consideration, please submit your application package by January 29, 2021. Candidates with a documented record of high-quality, impactful scholarship in entrepreneurship, a strong record of teaching graduate, undergraduate and professional courses in entrepreneurship, and documented record of impactful engagement and outreach activities will be given strong consideration. We invite dual-career applications since we may also have advertised openings in related business fields (such as marketing, and business law and ethics). We also strongly encourage and welcome applications from women and minorities in order to foster diversity, equity, and inclusion.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS: Applicants must have an earned PhD degree in Entrepreneurship, or a closely related field. Salary and resource support are competitive and commensurate with rank and record of accomplishments. This endowed Chair position will be based at our Potsdam, NY campus, located on the Raquette River in the foothills of the Adirondacks, close to nearby Montreal and Ottawa. CU has another campus for graduate studies in Schenectady, NY, home to biotech, semiconductor, healthcare and other technology-based companies.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest and a curriculum vitae (CV) online at www.clarkson.edu/hr and select “Career Opportunities” on the left hand navigation bar. Following initial review, selected candidates will be asked to submit additional supporting documentation. Questions about the position should be directed to the search committee chairs Michelle Crimi ([email protected]) or Farzad Mahmoodi ([email protected]) or Marcy Wilcox, Assistant to the Dean, Reh School of Business ([email protected] | 315-268-2300).
ABOUT THE BUSINESS SCHOOL: Clarkson University’s David D. Reh School of Business is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). Our undergraduate and graduate programs are consistently ranked by US News & World Report and other publications and reports among the top 100. In addition, our Entrepreneurship and Supply Chain programs are consistently ranked in the top 25. This endowed chair position will be based at our Potsdam, NY campus. The standard faculty teaching load within the Reh School of Business is two courses per semester. Salary, teaching load, and benefits are competitive and commensurate with experience.
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY: Clarkson University is a major research institution having attained a high research activity designation from Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education. We provide comprehensive, high-quality undergraduate and graduate programs. The University is located in Potsdam, NY, offering easy access to the Adirondack National Park, and Ottawa and Montreal, Canada. CU has another campus for graduate studies in Schenectady, NY, home to biotech, semiconductor, healthcare, and other technology-based companies. In total, about 4,500 students attend the University. We are members of the Associated Colleges of the St. Lawrence Valley along with our neighboring schools SUNY Potsdam, SUNY Canton and St. Lawrence University.
Clarkson University is an equal opportunity employer; we actively seek and encourage applications from minorities, women, and people with disabilities.